Dogs and cats are carnivores and their digestive systems are designed to eat a raw diet, and have been for thousands of years.
Raw or BARF (Biologically Appropriate Raw Food) as it is also known, is free from processing, providing balanced nutrition which creates an environment that optimizes health. There are many benefits with a raw diet, such as
- Shiny, glossier coats
- Good dental health – acts as a natural scrubbing action on teeth and gums for fresher breath and cleaner teeth
- Properly formed stools – natural nutrition
- Healthy skin – fewer medical conditions
- Increased vitality – improved health and wellbeing
- Creates a strong immune system for optimal digestive health
Dried food or kibble is highly processed, destroying all nutrients. Preservatives are then added to prolong the shelf life.
Additives and preservatives may cause skin complaints, gum disease, ear infections, digestive issues, cancers and a whole array of problems that are all detrimental to your dogs and cats health.
Feeding a well-balanced raw diet is so important – because we want your much loved pets to live a long, healthy life!